Checking Accounts Are All the Same. Or…Are They?
At Bank of Texas, you get all the benefits you expect from a checking account, like an easy-to-use app, the ability to turn your debit card off and on, and free access to more than 32,000 MoneyPass ATMs nationwide. But who’s counting? Not only that, but Free Checking comes with no monthly service fee when you enroll in online statements.
Totally Free Access
With Free Checking, you get a free Visa® Debit Card and unlimited transactions, so you can make purchases in store or online to your heart's content. Your debit card also doubles as an ATM card, allowing you to make deposits at any Bank of Texas ATM. And, you get free access to more than 32,000 ATMs nationwide.
Convenience at Your Fingertips – For Free
You won’t be charged a monthly service fee when you choose to receive online statements. Get 24/7 access to your account in online and mobile banking to view transactions, get instant alerts, pay bills, transfer funds or make mobile deposits through our app.
Reach Your Savings Goals Faster with QuickSave
Our Free Checking account comes with access to QuickSave, a tool designed to help you save money faster. If you enroll, every time you use your Visa® Debit Card to make a qualifying purchase, or complete an Online Bill Pay transaction, we'll automatically transfer an amount of your choosing into savings.
More about Free Checking
- Free Visa debit card
- Free online and mobile banking with Bill Pay
- Free access to more than 32,000 ATMs nationwide
- One complimentary overdraft fee refund per calendar year (upon request)
- Overdraft Protection*
- Free online statements
- ExpressBank 24-hour telephone automated account information
A $50 opening deposit is required.
*If you are enrolled in Overdraft Protection, we will automatically transfer any available funds at no charge to you from your linked Bank of Texas savings, money market account or personal line of credit into your checking account at the end of any business day on which your Available Balance is less than zero. Limited to one linked savings or money market account or personal line of credit as a source of funding. Accounts are not automatically linked. Please notify your banker which account should be linked. To the extent the funds in your designated funding account are insufficient to cover all overdrafts in your checking account, an Overdraft Fee or Returned Item Fee may be charged for each overdraft not covered by the transfer, under the terms of the Depository Agreement for Transaction Accounts. Transfers from your savings or money market account may be subject to an excessive withdrawal fee. See Summary of Fees and Definitions for pricing.
- There is no monthly service fee for this account.
- If you choose to receive a monthly statement via postal mail, a statement fee of $1.50 will be assessed each month. To avoid this fee, you can turn off paper statements by logging in to Online or Mobile Banking, selecting “online only”, and accepting the Online Statements Terms and Conditions. Opting out of paper statements will terminate the mailing of your monthly statement.