Free Student Checking
A Free Checking Account for Your On-the-go Lifestyle
You've got places to go, things to do — you don't want to miss out on any opportunities. With our Free Student Checking account you don't have to. We're making checking simple with Online and Mobile Banking, a free Visa Debit Card, and access to QuickSave to help you get the right start with savings.
The Convenience You Need
You do research for your homework online, so why wouldn't you bank online? With a Free Student Checking account from Bank of Texas, you'll have access to free Online2 and Mobile Banking, so you can deposit checks, transfer funds and view your transaction history right from your smartphone.
The Flexibility You Want
Our checking account for students lets you use our free Visa® Debit Card online or in stores across the world. We also offer one free overdraft refund per year at your request, so if you accidentally overdraft, you are protected.
Reach Your Goals Faster with QuickSave
The best time to start saving is when you're young, so our Free Student Checking account comes with access to QuickSave, a tool designed to help you save money automatically. You'll be surprised by how quickly it adds up!
More about Free Student Checking
- Free Visa debit card
- Free online and mobile banking
- Free access to more than 32,000 ATMs nationwide
- One complimentary overdraft fee refund per calendar year (upon request)
- Overdraft Protection3
- Free online statements
- ExpressBank 24-hour telephone automated account information
- There is no monthly fee for this account.
- If you choose to receive a monthly statement via postal mail, a statement fee of $1.50 will be assessed each month. To avoid this fee, you can turn off paper statements by logging in to Online or Mobile Banking, selecting “online only”, and accepting the Online Statements Terms and Conditions. Opting out of paper statements will terminate the mailing of your monthly statement.
$50 opening deposit is required.
- When the student turns 20 years old, the bank will convert the account to Free Checking or other appropriate product offering. Account must be co-owned by a parent or guardian.
- Online Bill Pay is not available with the Free Student Checking account.
- If you are enrolled in Overdraft Protection, we will automatically transfer any available funds at no charge to you from your linked Bank of Texas savings, money market account or personal line of credit into your checking account at the end of any business day on which your Available Balance is less than zero. Limited to one linked savings or money market account or personal line of credit as a source of funding. Accounts are not automatically linked. Please notify your banker which account should be linked. To the extent the funds in your designated funding account are insufficient to cover all overdrafts in your checking account, an Overdraft Fee or Returned Item Fee may be charged for each overdraft not covered by the transfer, under the terms of the Depository Agreement for Transaction Accounts. Transfers from your savings or money market account may be subject to an excessive withdrawal fee. See Summary of Fees and Definitions for pricing.